Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Plan

The weather getting cooler has me super pumped for fall!

LittleBabyGarvin posted about a super cute pumpkin farm in the Atlanta area. I remember going to the pumpkin patch every year in elementary school (what's up Mr. Peters?!) and it being so much fun. A tradition I definitely want for my family, and this year is the year to start! So my fall plan looks a little something like this:

Step 1. Make hot apple cider. I bought these hot apple cider K-Cups to try and we are pretty obsessed. I still need to get some caramel syrup to add to take right on over the top.

Step 2. Head to pumpkin farm and pick out pumpkins.

Step 3. Decorate my little heart out. I feel like you get a pretty good bang out of 'fall' decorating. I love the look and it lasts for two months. Winner winner.

I was thinking about how I want to decorate this fall, and the decorations we had for our wedding celebration keep coming to mind. We had the marriage paperwork for a little while (went to the court house), but at some point decided we should do a little something something. We had a small celebration in the fall with close family and friends (that my sister essentially planned in two weeks- knocked it out if the park!) and that was really just right up our alley. My hyper talented style guru spear headed the decor for the event. I know her mad skills so my expectations were high, but she still managed to surpass them. Everything turned out relaxed and rustic and so elegantly beautiful it couldn't have been more appropriate for the occasion/ weather/venue/overall vibe.

 






(Loved this guy! When I went back and was looking at pictures I was cracking up because apparently he felt so comfortable he jumped in all the group pictures!)

The great thing is that I still have a lot of these decorations. Cha-ching.

The weather this weekend is supposed nice so I hope whatever the plans are, that they include a little trip to the pumpkin patch to get the ole ball rolling. Nothing thrills the husband more than when this tornado gets going! Hope you have a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. Looooove me some fall. And your wedding celebration décor? Perfect.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete