Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Making blue work on a baby girl

So keeping with the theme of working with all the boy items I have, on to attire...This one may be a little bit trickier, but I think bows are 100% the way to make it happen. That and baby girl's ears pierced. Side note, I know some people think it's barbaric, but I like it and it is a cultural thing for the baby daddy and that is just the way we will role.

Anyway, I have loads a of baby blue little baby clothes, and I think soft pink, yellow, and green coordinate nicely. Let's get a little visual.

First of all, my fantasy daughter looks like this



I think she is 100% scrumptious just like that, no clothes needed. But society and weather dictate so just imagine her with this



               and


Delicious, no? I could already gobble this little easter egg up!

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I was sure our daughter would have pierced ears. When I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to do it early after I dreamed seeing my baby girl with little earrings soon after birth when the nurse brought her to me from the nursery on day 1. While pregnant, I wistfully began looking at all of the other cute baby girls with earrings.

    After she was born, all the family gifted her with pretty earrings including a pair of absolutely darling pearls like mine. The only issue was where to have it done soon after birth. Our ped encouraged me, but she didn't do it in her office and the usual places wouldn't do it until they were 3-6 mos. I started asking around and finally found a solution to do when she was ten days old in the privacy of our home. She looked adorable, did fine and started get compliments on her first day with little pierced ears :)

    I was never worried what others would say, but was thrilled to be "one of those moms who pierced their baby's ears." You have plenty of time to plan, but things go quickly in the last few months of pregnancy. BTW, I think you're a smart mommy for wanting it done as a newborn. If you're wanting it done soon after birth, then now is the time to make some plans now.

    If you need any questions answered, drop me an e-mail.

    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete